The Deep River Junior Ancient Fife & Drum Corps (DRJA) was formed in 1955 and today consists of a 18 member corps of dedicated musicians. The DRJA is a non-profit 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization and continues to foster & promote Ancient Martial Music through education, instruction, and participation in parades & musters.
Outfitted in Revolutionary era uniforms - red wool coats/contrasting trim/cream colored vests, khaki pants/black gaiters and Tri-corner hats; this is always a crowd pleaser.
The musical repertoire is based on the music of the Civil and Revolutionary Wars era with a few contemporary tunes and songs on our list.
In the course of our season the Corps will march throughout New England, participate in performances, fundraisers and host the Deep River Tattoo on the eve of the famous Deep River Muster (always the third weekend in July!)
We look forward to every marching season with great excitement and anticipation of miles yet to be marched and more wonderful music yet to be played.
• Traveled to Basel Switzerland for International Muster June 2012
• “Best Youth Group” in Mystic Irish Parade 2012
• 1st place – New Haven St. Patrick’s Day Parade 2012
•“Best Fife and Drum Corp” in the Old Saybrook Torchlight Parade December 2011
• Bennington Battle Day Parade; 1st place award August 2008
• 225th Anniversary of the Victory at Yorktown – Marched the Yorktown Day Parade and participated in the reenactment of the British Surrender.
• Celebrated our 50th anniversary in 2005!
• 2nd place – New Haven CT St. Patrick’s Day Parade, 2008
• 25th ANNIVERSARY of the Deep River Tattoo July 17th, 2009
• Lord Mayor of Westminster’s New Years Day Spectacular – London, England with additional performances at Royal Albert Hall and the Garde Center
• WestPoint half-time show
• CT State and North Eastern Champions
• Performance with New Haven Symphony
• Represented Deep River in the 200th Anniversary dedication of the “new, old” State House
• Performed at the Big E
• Performance with Boston Pops under the direction of John Williams; Symphony Hall in Boston – twice; once in Tanglewood
• PBS Special with John Denver
• 1st place - Hartford CT St. Patrick’s Day Parade
• 1st place - New Haven CT St. Patrick’s Day Parade